Family fun at Bodiam
If you're looking to enjoy a family day out, Bodiam Castle offers the perfect location. You'll find a relaxed atmosphere inside and outside of the castle with plenty of family friendly activities.
Family friendly facilities
- Baby-changing facilities are available in the toilets at the main car park. Please note there are no facilities near to the castle
- During peak season additional toilets are available next to Castle Cottage close to the castle
- Children’s guide available from visitor reception and the castle gift shop
- Children’s menu, high chairs, and a baby bottle and food-warming facility at The Wharf tea room
- Pocket money priced toys and games on sale in the castle gift shop
- Family-focussed events throughout the year
Explore the castle
Climb the towers and admire the surrounding high weald landscape from the top and the amazing views out across the River Rother. Imagine you are Sir Edward surveying all your land but take care as you climb the steep spiral staircase up to the top, it's steap.
For those who want to get out and about in the castle grounds, we'll have an I-Spy trail to get the kids running around, looking at the natural features around the castle and burning off some energy. Ask at our visitor reception for your free trail.
Hints and tips
Explore the towers, climb the ramparts and discover the masons’ marks throughout the castle ruins
See if you can find the wooden sculpture of Sir Edward Dallingridge in the grounds
Spot the ducks and fish in the moat
Ask at Visitor Reception for children’s trails and 50 things activities to make your visit even more fun!