Autumn family fun at Bodiam
Explore the castle with the whole family this autumn. Get out and about this half term and try our trail.
British Wildlife Photography Awards exhibition
There is fun for all the family as the BWPA exhibition comes to Bodiam Castle this autumn. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife photography activities. Make your way around the castle and head into the towers to discover the wealth of wildlife that can be found around Britain. Pick up a ‘Top Photo Spots’ map to head out and become Bodiam’s best wildlife photographer or follow a ‘Bat Trail’ to win yourself a prize.
Explore the castle
At this time of year the castle is much quieter and so families can enjoy spending time exploring all the nooks and crannies of the castle.
Climb the towers and admire the seasonal colours of the trees from the top and the amazing views out across the River Rother. Imagine you are Sir Edward surveying all your land before you but take care as you climb the steep spiral staircase up to the top.
October half term family fun
Come along over half term and have a go at our 'nature trail' as we set the children off on a hunt around the castle.
- £2.50 per trail, including a prize
- Daily from Sat 20 Oct to Sun 4 Nov inclusive, 11am to 3pm
- Suitable for children aged 5 - 11 years
For those who want to get out and about in the castle grounds, we'll have an autumn I-Spy trail to get the kids running around, looking at the natural features around the castle and burning off some energy. Ask at our visitor reception for your free trail.
Family friendly checklist
- Baby-changing facilities are available in the toilets at the main car park. Please note there are no facilities near to the castle
- During peak season additional toilets are available next to Castle Cottage close to the castle
- Children’s guide available from visitor reception and the castle gift shop
- Children’s menu, high chairs, and a baby bottle and food-warming facility at The Wharf tea room
- Pocket money priced toys and games on sale in the castle gift shop
- Family-focussed events throughout the year
Hints and tips
- Explore the towers, climb the ramparts and discover the masons’ marks throughout the castle ruins
- See if you can find the wooden sculpture of Sir Edward Dallingridge in the grounds
- Spot the ducks and fish in the moat
- Ask at Visitor Reception for children’s trails and 50 things activities to make your visit even more fun!