Women and Power: Suffragists vs Lord Curzon at Bodiam Castle
As part of the National Trust's 'Women and Power' programme this year, come and discover the views of previous castle owner, Lord Curzon of Kedleston, on women getting the vote.
Sign in / register
Celebrating 100 years of women's vote
To celebrate 100 years since women got the vote, the National Trust is highlighting some of the important women and men who played their part in this controversial campaign.
Former owner of Bodiam Castle, Lord Curzon of Kedleston, was particularly vocal on this subject and we take a look back at his views at our Suffragists vs Lord Curzon events throughout the summer.
A heated debate
Join us for a light-hearted debate between Lord Curzon (aka actor Geoff Hutchinson) and a group of local suffragists.
Hear the arguments for and against the case for women's vote and join in yourself if you feel so moved. We'll have a friendly local 'Bobby' on hand to keep order so choose your words carefully or you may be served with a warning.
- Debates take place on Sat 12 May, Sat 16 June, Sun 15 July and Sun 2 September 2018
- Debate times will be 12.00 noon, 1.00pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm on each of the above dates
- Come and listen in the castle courtyard
- Free event but normal castle admission charges apply
- Part of the 'Women and Power' programme