Book online now
Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge is one of the top things to do in Northern Ireland. The exhilarating rope bridge experience is a bucket list challenge and makes a great day out.
As a conservation charity we are committed to preserving and protecting our special places and spaces for everyone to enjoy. This includes protecting ongoing conservation, managing health and safety and trying to ease traffic congestion around the site. We implemented a timed ticketing system to help ensure your experience to Carrick-a-Rede is the best it can be. Visitors purchase their tickets online for an hour time slot to cross the bridge via http://carrickaredetickets.com
There is no time limit on how long you spend exploring the island.
View online booking at http://carrickaredetickets.com
All coach and group visits (15 or more visitors) must pre-book through the Booking Office. Click here for more information on Group and Coach Visits.
Timed tickets Q&A
What has changed?
To help improve visitor experience we introduced Timed Tickets at Carrick-a-Rede.
You can now secure your timed ticket online via: http://carrickaredetickets.com
If you are a National Trust member you will still be required to book a timed ticket but there will be no charge.
For group and coach bookings please visit our Group and Coach Visits page
Why did you introduce timed tickets?
We have introduced timed tickets to improve the visitor experience and management on site.
These changes have been made to help reduce long waiting times and traffic congestion during peak times.
Can I book my timed ticket in advance?
Yes, you can book online up to four months in advance of your visit.
All coach and group visits (15 or more visitors) must be pre-booked through the Booking Office. Click here for more details
How can we avoid busy periods?
Carrick-a-Rede is a very popular visitor attraction along the Causeway Coastal Route and is generally busy throughout the day. Traditionally quieter times to visit are early morning or late afternoon, however at peak times such as holiday periods and throughout July and August, we can sell out for the entire day. Book online in advance to secure your chosen time slot, most mornings are the quietest time to visit.
As an Area of Special Scientific Interest, we are very grateful for your support as we work to ensure that the habitat and wildlife of this special place are cared for and we hope you have an enjoyable visit.
- Book online to secure your chosen time slot to cross the bridge
- Timed tickets can still be purchased on site but are subject to availability
- You will be required to present your ticket at the allocated time period, before crossing the bridge.
- Produce your e-ticket reference number at reception to receive your souvenir ticket, for production at the bridge.
- While in the area be sure to visit other Causeway Coast ‘hidden gems’ including White Park Bay and Downhill Demesne with its stunning Mussenden Temple.
- If you fancy a challenge you can experience more of this gorgeous coastline by taking the road less travelled on the Giant’s Causeway Cliff-top Experience.
For more information contact the Carrick-a-Rede Booking Office on Tel: 028 2073 3335 or Email Carrick-a-Rede@nationaltrust.org.uk