Autumn is our favourite time of year at Castle Ward when the estate is bright with seasonal colour. We're celebrating the season with some self-led activities and ideas.
Picture perfect moments
5 October onwards
- Pumpkin Patch in the stables - capture your perfect family moment with our autumn backdrop. Please note that unlike at Pumpkinfest, the pumpkins are just for display so please leave them for other families to enjoy
- Photo challenge - we've put up nine frames across the estate, capturing some of the best views you'll find at Castle Ward. Can you find all nine? Tag us in your photos @NTCastleWard
- Autumn activities - find out all about the plants and animals to spot on your walk and get started on activities to make the most of the season. Bring an egg-box if you have one!
17 October - 1 November
- Become an animal for the day as you hunt for acorns, look for berries and discover who's been snuffling up all of autumn's bounty on The Forager's Trail. Start in Stableyard and follow the signs.
- The Woodland Playground reopens for two weeks only this Half-term!
If you're looking for even more autumn adventures, take part in the National Trust's Autumn Challenge, download our scavenger hunt below and find out where next to explore.