Santa at Castle Ward
Santa will be visiting Castle Ward between the 1 and 22 December. Make magical Christmas memories when you come to visit Santa in the 'big house'!
Start your Christmas journey by traveling along the illuminated driveway at Castle Ward before heading to the Stableyard to let Santa's helpers know you're there for your visit.
Enjoy some hot drinks and festive treats while the kids get on with some Christmas crafts while Santa and Mrs Claus get ready to see you.
Santa's elves will collect you and take you through the magical tunnel to the basement where Santa and Mrs Claus await! Each child will recive a special gift from Santa and families are welcome to take their own pictures.
- Booking is essential via our online system
- Santa will be visiting on 1&2, 8&9, 12 - 16 and 19 - 22 December
- Sessions start from 4pm - 8pm on weekdays and 2pm - 8pm on weekends
- All children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- We advise arrival at least 15 minutes before your session time to ensure your visit runs smoothly, latecomers cannot be guaranteed access
- We cannot guarantee changes close to the event, please contact us immediately if you think you will not be able to attend your booked time on 028 4488 1204
- If a member of your party has accessibility requirements we must be notified in advance via 028 4488 1204
- The maximum number of people per booking is 22 people, with a minimum of 10 adults and 10 children per slot.
- Babies less than 6 months go free unless you would like them to receive a gift, where a full price Child Ticket must be purchased. Please note that a free ticket must be purchased for children under 6months
- Wrap up warm for your walk to the house - the experience will last for 1 hour
- Photography without flash is welcome
- Buggies, baby seats and large bags are not permitted in the house but will be stored securely
- If your booking is for less than 20 people you will be joined by other families
- Assistance Dogs welcome
- Please note there is no cash machine at Castle Ward
Please note that the Box Office will charge a 5% booking fee on top of the ticket prices below.
• Adult Ticket - £8.00
• Concession - baby under 6 months without present - Free
• Child – over 6 months with a present - £16.00
Tickets available to Book Online
- National Trust members must buy tickets
- Bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
• Tickets will be sent via email.
• Please check spam/junk folder if you do not receive confirmation shortly after booking.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult with a minimum of 1 adult per 3 children.
• The maximum number of tickets available per slot is 22
• The minimum number of tickets is 2 - 1 adult and 1 child
Cancellation and Refund Policy
• We regret that we cannot exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled.
• This is primarily an indoor event using various rooms in the house
• Toilets are available in the Stableyard.
• The Tea Room will be open until 8pm, serving a range of hot food, tea / coffee and snacks.
• Accessible parking on site - Accessible parking is available at the back of the Stableyard buildings, please follow signs.
• There are steps into the basements of the house. Please note that there are no lifts in the house. If you have mobility issues please contact the box office before booking.
Directions by Road
• Downpatrick to Strangford (A25) Castle Ward is located approximately 5 miles along this road.
• Castle Ward is clearly signposted.
• Please follow the brown tourist signage.
- There is NO access to Castle Ward via the Audleystown Road
- For Sat Nav please use the postcode BT30 7BA
Directions by Bus
• Please use service 16E Downpatrick to Strangford bus service and alight at the top of Park Road. There is an approximate 1 mile walk from this point to our Stableyard
• See Translink NI website for bus departure and arrival times:
• The car park is clearly signposted from the main gates.
• Parking is free of charge and there are designated disabled car parking spaces available close to the Stableyard
What should be worn to the Event?
• Please note that for conservation reasons, stiletto heels are not permitted in the house.
• Heel covers will be provided if deemed necessary
What refreshments are available?
• Refreshments will be provided to all ticketholders as part of the experience. Please inform us of any allergies before attending
• The Tea-room will be closing at 8pm each day of the experience
Book your tickets
Book your magical experience with Santa at Castle Ward