Santa at Castle Ward
This article refers to the Santa's House event which took place in 2019. Unfortunately in 2021 we are unable to welcome Santa and Mrs Claus to Castle Ward as usual but have planned some winter activities to make sure there is something for families to enjoy this winter.
Santa has returned to Castle Ward for the festive season, and will be settled in the main hall of the house this year to meet all the families who've come to visit.
Visit the Tea-room to check in and enjoy hot drinks and festive treats while the kids get on with some Christmas crafts. When it's time for your group to visit Santa, we'll ring the bell and call your names!
We'll all take a walk through the illuminated garden to the side door of the house - please make sure you've got coats and boots for all weathers! Mrs Claus will meet you and bring you to meet the main himself, wehre you can all get settled in for a story. Each child will recive a special gift from Santa and families are welcome to take their own pictures.
- Booking is essential and is done online
- Santa will be visiting on the 18 - 22 December
- All children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Children older than 11 years of age should be counted as an adult and will not recieve a present
- We advise arrival at least 15 minutes before your session time to ensure your visit runs smoothly, latecomers cannot be guaranteed access
- We cannot guarantee changes close to the event, please contact us immediately if you think you will not be able to attend your booked time on 028 4488 1204
- If a member of your party has accessibility requirements we must be notified in advance via 028 4488 1204
- The maximum number of people per booking is 30 people, with a maximum of 15 children per slot.
- Babies less than 6 months go free unless you would like them to receive a gift, where a full price Child Ticket must be purchased. Please note that a ticket is not required, but we will require this information via futher contact.
- Wrap up warm for your walk to the house - the experience will last for 45 minutes
- Photography without flash is welcome
- Buggies, baby seats and large bags are not permitted in the house but will be stored securely
- You will be joined by other families
- Assistance Dogs welcome
- Please note there is no cash machine at Castle Ward
• Adult Ticket - £6.00
• Concession - baby under 6 months without present - Free
• Child – 6mths - 11 years - £12.00
• National Trust members must buy tickets
• Bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
• Tickets will be sent via email
• Please check spam/junk folder if you do not receive confirmation shortly after booking.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult with a minimum of 1 adult per 3 children.
• The minimum number of tickets is 2 - 1 adult and 1 child
Cancellation and Refund Policy
• We regret that we cannot exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled.
• This is primarily an indoor event using various rooms in the house
• Toilets are available in the Stableyard.
• The Tea Room will be open late, serving a range of hot food, tea / coffee and snacks.
• Accessible parking on site - Accessible parking is available at the back of the Stableyard buildings, please follow signs.
• There are steps into the house. If you have mobility issues please contact the box office before booking.
Directions by Road
• Downpatrick to Strangford (A25) Castle Ward is located approximately 5 miles along this road.
• Castle Ward is clearly signposted.
• Please follow the brown tourist signage.
- There is NO access to Castle Ward via the Audleystown Road
- For Sat Nav please use the postcode BT30 7BA
Directions by Bus
• Please use service 16E Downpatrick to Strangford bus service and alight at the top of Park Road. There is an approximate 1 mile walk from this point to our Stableyard
• See Translink NI website for bus departure and arrival times:
• The car park is clearly signposted from the main gates.
• Parking is free of charge and there are designated disabled car parking spaces available close to the Stableyard
What should be worn to the Event?
• Please note that for conservation reasons, stiletto heels are not permitted in the house.
• Heel covers will be provided if deemed necessary
What refreshments are available?
• Refreshments will be provided to all ticketholders as part of the experience. Please inform us of any allergies before attending
• The Tea-room will be closing at 8pm each day of the experience