Here we've answered all your questions about what's available on site. Walk the trails, visit the tea-room and discover history in the mansion house.
Arriving and parking:
- Make sure you have your tickets handy for arrival (printed or online) and aim to arrive within your half hour booking timeslot. If you are a member, please remember to show your cards too. We won't need to take anything from you at this stage
- If you are more than 10 minutes early or late for your session, entry will be at the discretion of the team
- A recommended amount of time on site is 2.5 hours
- Parking remains as normal. The gates are locked at 6pm
- All of our outlets are card-only and we've put one way systems in place for the tea-room, gift shop, mansion house and bookshop
- Visit the archway in the Stableyard to pick up your map of the property and to use hand sanitiser provided before visiting any of the outlets. Our external gates have now reopened after being closed for the initial opening period, so the trails have all reopened, excepting the deer park area which has cattle in place. Find maps of all our trails below.
- The Hoof Trail has also been updated. If you are riding your horse and you don't own an annual permit, please book an additional child ticket to cover the £5 cost of your daily permit.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
- Toilets are open in the Stableyard and Farmyard with accessible parking available. Changing facilities are available in the Stableyard toilets.
- The Tea-room is open daily between 10am and 4pm serving hot drinks, takeaway snacks, sandwiches and ice-cream using a one way system. Find out what's on the menu.
- The Gift Shop and Second-hand Bookshop are now open. The Gift Shop is open from 11am - 4pm with a one way system. The Bookshop is open 12noon - 4pm daily.
- The Mansion House is open for self-led tours on Thursday - Sunday, 11am - 4pm following a one-way system inside. Entrance is through the Classic doors and is free as part of your admission to Castle Ward. Find out more about what to expect and to get a taste of what's in store here.
- The Slaughterhouse Shop and Trailhead Cafe remain closed.
- Picnic tables are available throughout the estate.
- The Secret Shore Nature Trail and natural play area is open for adventures.
- The Play Areas remain closed. We will update our social media accounts when they have reopened.
- There are lots of fun ideas and worksheets for family adventures available on our family hub here.
- Our mobility scooters are available to borrow again, please call ahead or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.