Princess Charlotte's wedding banquet
In May 1816 the nation rejoiced as the heiress presumptive, Charlotte Augusta, married her handsome prince. To celebrate their 201st anniversary, Claremont Landscape Garden unites with Claremont Fan Court School to provide an afternoon of tours around both sides of the historic estate, followed by a wedding banquet in the royal couple's own Great Room.
Order of Service
- 2pm: Meet and welcome at Claremont Fan Court School Outer Hall.
- 2.15pm: Join a guided tour of either the Belvedere Tower and Camellia Terrace or the Mansion.
- 3.15pm: Refreshments served at the School.
- 3.30pm: Change tours, for a guided tour of either the School Mansion or the Belvedere Tower and Camellia Terrace.
- 5-6pm: Indulge in a buffet-style wedding banquet, inspired by Georgian recipes, in the royal couple's Great Room at Claremont House.
How to book
Please purchase your tickets in advance using our online box office. Spaces are limited, so we advise you to book quickly.
Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any special dietary or access requirements.
On the day
Park at Claremont Fan Court School for 2pm, showing your ticket to a member of the welcome team on arrival. If you are a member of the National Trust, please bring your membership cards with you.
Each tour will last between 45 minutes and 1 hour. Please wear suitable footwear as you will be passing through the garden, which may be muddy in some places. After the tours are completed, you'll be shown to the Great Room, where your wedding banquet awaits.
Marking 200 years
2017 marks the 200th anniversary of the death of Princess Charlotte. Delve into the story of the forgotten daughter of England with our series of web articles and events.