Things to do with the kids this Christmas 2018 at Claremont
With a cosy fairytale cottage, a traditional children’s trail and a snug, family-friendly café, Claremont Landscape Garden is the perfect place to bring the children over the festive period. We've rounded up the best of 2018's seasonal delights so that you can plan your family visits over the holidays with ease.
The Thatched Cottage
Every year at Christmas we transform the Thatched Cottage into a cosy Christmas cottage with traditional Christmas decorations and a beautifully glittering tree.
Christmas walks with the family
It's the perfect time to wrap up warm and head out into the garden for a walk with the family. If you've got little people with you, they can have a go at our Rescue Rudolph trail, searching around the garden for signs of one of our best loved festive icons.
Four legged festive friends
Dogs are allowed in the gardens at Claremont throughout the winter, from October, until April. It's the ideal place for a winter dog walk, especially as you can bring your dog into the tea-room afterwards for a well earned rest whilst you relax with a cup of coffee and a mince pie.
After a busy day out with the family, come and relax in our cosy cafe for a warming lunch or hot drink and mince pie. You can browse through our wonderfully festive shop at the same time, stocking up on presents for the whole family.
Making the most of your visit
- See here for all of our opening times and prices
- We have baby-changing facilities available and our café has highchairs, bottle-warming facilities and menu for children
- Children's play area and den building inside the pay barrier
- Pushchairs are admitted, but please don't bring your scooter or bike into the garden
- Have a go at our nine-pin bowling alley behind the amphitheatre, ball available from kiosk in exchange for a deposit