Commemorative giving at Dyffryn Gardens
Whether you want to mark the birth of a child, a wedding or anniversary, or remember someone you've lost, we've got several options to commemorate your loved ones.
Plant a tree
We're planting a series of trees in the Arboretum at Dyffryn as part of the garden's revival project. If you'd like to comemorate a loved one with the legacy of one of our trees, you can choose a specimen from our list and (where possible) be present for the planting.
- Each tree costs £250, you can buy as many as you wish.
- You'll be given a choice of trees to choose from.
- The location of planting is chosen by our Arborist according to our garden revival plans.
- Although we don't put plaques on our trees you can write a dedication on our digital plant monitoring system, IRIS.
- You'll be given a commemorative map showing the location, grid reference and species of tree as a keepsake.
- Planting takes place in spring, autumn and winter during clement weather. We can't plant when the ground is frozen or water logged.
To arrange a commemorative tree please email us for more information.
Give a collection piece
We do not have a historic collection in Dyffryn house but are furnishing the house with pieces approproate to the time period which will stay in the house for many years to come. If you would like to leave a donation please contact us with the amount you would like to donate and we can discuss options with you.
Make a donation to our appeal
Every year we fundraise for a new project via our appeal, you can leave a donation to the amount of your choosing which will help us restore the house and gardens to their former glory. To do this you can visit our appeal page.