Commemorative giving at Dyffryn Gardens
Whether you want to mark the birth of a child, a wedding or anniversary, or remember someone you've lost, we've got several options to commemorate your loved ones.
Plant a tree
We're planting a series of trees in the Arboretum at Dyffryn as part of the garden's revival project. If you'd like to comemorate a loved one with the legacy of one of our trees, you can choose a specimen from our list and visit your tree as it grows in years to come.
Due to current restrictions around Covid-19 it is not possible to be present for the planting.
- Each tree costs £250, you can buy as many as you wish.
- You'll be given a choice of trees to choose from.
- The location of planting is chosen by our Arborist according to our garden revival plans.
- Although we don't put plaques on our trees you can write a dedication on our digital plant monitoring system, IRIS.
- You'll be given a commemorative map showing the location, grid reference and species of tree as a keepsake.
- Planting takes place in spring, autumn and winter during clement weather. We can't plant when the ground is frozen or water logged.
To arrange a commemorative tree please email us for more information.
Make a donation to our appeal
Every year we fundraise for a new project via our appeal, you can leave a donation to the amount of your choosing which will help us restore the house and gardens to their former glory. To do this you can visit our appeal page.