Best stargazing sites in Pembrokeshire
Swap a cosy night in for an evening under the stars at Pembrokeshire's Dark Sky Discovery Sites.
Pembrokeshire's home to a network of Dark Sky Discovery Sites; a nationally-recognised designation for top stargazing spots across the UK.
We've been working with Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority to have our special places recognised by the DSD as great and accessible spots to enjoy clear views of the night sky. Our coast and countryside has low light pollution, so after-dark it's possible to see the Milky Way with the naked eye.
You don't need to be an astronomer to admire the night sky, just wrap up warm and look up! Have a peek at our stargazing for beginners guide to get started.
Eight stargazing sites you'll want to visit
- Broadhaven South National Trust car park (SA71 5DZ)
- Garn Fawr National Trust car park (SA64 OJJ)
- Kete National Trust car park (SA62 3RR)
- Martin's Haven National Trust car park (SA62 3BJ)
- Newgale Beach National Park car park (SA62 6BD)
- Poppit Sands National Park car park (SA43 3LN)
- Skrinkle Haven National Park car park (SA70 7SD)
- Sychpant National Park picnic site (SA65 9UA)
You're best visiting as part of a group – it's safer and more fun! For access information and top stargazing and safety tips, visit the Dark Sky Discovery website.
" There’s something special about being able to immerse yourself in the darkness of night, surrounded by distant galaxies."