Houghton Mill Tea room
Come and relax in our friendly tea-room overlooking the historic mill.
Our menu includes:
- Freshly ground coffee, speciality teas and hot chocolate
- Breakfast baps and croissants (Sundays 10.30-11.45)
- Soup and one-pot meals, made with fresh ingredients in our on-site kitchen
- Jacket potatoes, toasted paninis, sausage rolls, sandwiches and savoury snacks
- Traditional or savoury cream teas made with our own Houghton Mill stoneground flour
- A delicious range of cakes and bakes (we cater for dietary requirements, some of our cakes are gluten and/or dairy free)
The tea room is fully accessible and high chairs / childrens lunches are available.
There is an outside seating area overlooking the millpond.
From Saturday 16 March until Sunday 27 October the tea room will be open every day from 10.30-17.00.
If you have an allergy or intolerance, please let us know
Most of the food and drink served in our tea room is prepared on site in our kitchens, using a wide range of ingredients. As a result, we can’t guarantee that any of our food and drink products are completely allergen free.
If you have an allergy or intolerance and would like ingredient information about the food and drink served in our cafés, please ask the café staff who will be happy to help. Please see here for more information.
Sustainable production is at the heart of National Trust values today. The National Trust team are the winners of several awards for the pioneering use of sustainably produced food in our cafés. As a conservation charity we are unique in how we cater for millions of visitors every year by putting welfare and conservation, not profit, at the heart of everything we do.
Today the National Trust is the UK’s biggest farmer looking after over 600,000 acres of farmland with our tenant farmers. Whether it’s for the Bensons juices in your glass or the butter you put on your scones, we require all our farmers to use nature friendly farming techniques. For things we can’t produce ourselves we apply these same regulations to all our external suppliers too. That’s why you will see labels such as ‘farm assured’, ‘free range’ and ‘rainforest alliance’ throughout our cafés.