Explore Ilam Park and Dovedale with your dog
Dogs on leads are always welcome at Ilam Park and Dovedale. You'll find water bowls near the tea-room and toilets at Ilam Park. There are numerous walk routes for exercising your dog and taking in the countryside views.
Bringing your dog to Ilam Park and Dovedale
- Take the Lead in the Peak District. Thank you for walking your dog on a lead and not disturbing wildlife or livestock.
- There are sheep and cows in the parkland and surrounding farmland throughout the year and lots of lambs in the spring.
- You'll find water bowls and dog parking points by the tea-room and the toilets at Ilam Park.
- Please bag any dog waste and place in the main waste bins in the car park and the stableyard at Ilam Park, or take it home with you.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome in the shop with you at Ilam Park.
- Dogs are welcome in the 'grab and go' food outlet in the visitor centre, or you can buy food and drinks from the tearoom and eat them in here. There are also plenty of seats outside where you and your dog can enjoy the view.
- There is a route between Ilam Park and Dovedale that avoids stiles, making it easier for dogs and their owners. Look out for the 'alternative path' signs as you walk towards Dovedale from the village.