Bring your family together at Lacock
There are lots of things at Lacock for families to enjoy all year round. The Abbey grounds are perfect for exploring all year round, with streams, gargoyles and a Botanic Garden all waiting to be found.
Family fun all year round
We have different games, trails and events throughout the year. Many are free, though normal admission charges apply. You can download some of our trails or spotter sheets before you arrive, or ask at Visitor Reception.
Lacock Abbey is also a great place to tick off some of the National Trust's '50 Things To Do Before You're 11¾' (check out the link at the bottom of the page if you want to find them all).
- Children under 5 go free
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds
- Children's scooters and bikes are not permitted in the Abbey grounds
- Baby-changing facilities in access-friendly toilets in the courtyard at the Abbey, and in the Red Lion car park toilets
- Children's menu available in the Stables Cafe, including a pick’n’mix lunch box and ice creams (suitable for adults too!)
- Picnics are allowed in the grounds (we particularly love the orchard as a place to spread out a rug), and there are picnic benches in the Pound by the play area in the village
Exploring the village
Lacock is a beautiful village with plenty to see and do. You might want to marvel at the majesty of the Tithe Barn, or paddle in Bide Brook, or just head over to the children's play area in village playing field, which is perfect for ball games.
There's a range of great village shops, including a National Trust shop in the High Street where there are family gifts and pocket-money toys available to take home and treasure.