Visiting Lodge Park: What to expect
Lodge Park is open for select weekends in 2022. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Lodge Park is open for select weekends from April 2022 for guided tours of this unique 17th century grandstand and surrounding Bridgeman Landscape. The dates Lodge Park will be open are:
- 9-10 April, tickets go on sale Friday 1 April
- 7-8 May, tickets go on sale Friday 29 April
- 4-5 June, tickets go on sale Friday 27 May
- 2-3 July, tickets go on sale Friday 24 June
- 6-7 August, tickets go on sale Friday 29 July
- 3-4 September, tickets go on sale Friday 26 August
Parking and arrival
Parking in the small car park next to Lodge Park is free and located next to the building. The entrance to the building is through a wrought iron gate in the wall, leading to the impressive portaco and front door. A team member will be there to welcome you. Please have your ticket ready to show, either on your phone or a hard copy. If you are a National Trust member, please also have your membership card available to scan.
What's open and what to expect during your visit
You can only visit Lodge Park and the Bridgeman Landscape by guided tour. You can either book your tickets in advance, or just turn up on the day. Your ticket allows entry to both the tour of the grandstand and Bridgeman Landscape.
When you arrive, a member of staff will greet you and provide any information you may need on the day. They will direct you to the start of the tour, and you will be taken around by a guide in small groups. There is a short video at the start of the tour.
Tours run on the hour. If you arrive early you may be asked to wait outside the building until your allotted timeslot.
Tours of the Bridgeman Landscape will follow tours of the Grandstand. There will be opportunity for visitors to have a short comfort break between the two tours.
Toilets are available and will be cleaned several times throughout the day, meaning we may need to close them temporarily.
Assitance dogs only are permitted in Lodge Park and the Bridgeman Landscape.
Our café and shop have closed since your last visit.
How to book
- Entry and parking is free for members, and please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children ages 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose an arrival time on the hour of the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is the arrival time for your tour, and tours run on the hour.
- Bookings are for your use only and not available for resale.
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.