Have your wedding reception at Lyveden
With its rich history, Lyveden provides an unusual backdrop for marquee wedding receptions. Enjoy a spectacular view of Tresham's unfinished garden lodge as the sun goes down.
The incomplete garden lodge of Sir Thomas Tresham overlooks fields, with a wooded backdrop in the heart of the Rockingham Forest. It's surrounded by an Elizabethan moated garden remains and acres of wildflower meadow.
This unusual building was designed and built by Sir Thomas Tresham from 1595 to 1605. Lyveden was intended for entertaining guests, allowing them to gaze out over the estate. It lies virtually unaltered from when work stopped. Sir Thomas died in 1605 and his son, Francis, couldn't finish it. He ended his days in the Tower of London following his involvement in the Gunpowder Plot.
What we offer
- breathtakingly beautiful Grade One Listed garden
- an unforgettable experience for you and your guests
- photos taken under the cherry trees in blossom
The marquee, supplied by T & L Marquees, is bespoke to your wedding and erected to accommodate your guest numbers. The hire period is from Wednesday to Monday. The marquee is made available the day before your wedding to decorate yourselves, or allow your suppliers to set up in preparation for your wedding day!
Picture perfect opportunities
- Apple trees in bloom - how romantic to have a picture taken amongst the blossom trees.
- Spiral mount - wind your way up the spiral snail mound for a picture perfect view.
- The South door and East wing - carry your new wife across the threshold to Elizabethan times, a perfect place for a photo.
How to book
Weddings at Lyveden are managed by High Times Weddings, a local wedding planning company founded in 2009.
If you'd like to know more about arranging your wedding reception at Lyveden, please email High Times Weddings or call them on 07732 285617.
We are currently taking bookings for 2018 and 2019.