Autumn family activities at Mottisfont
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play here, and always something for families to do - rain or shine.
Wooden bridges and a rushing river mean we're one of the country's top destinations for playing pooh sticks - challenge your family to a game when you visit. Ball games and frisbees are welcome on the paddock areas (though please not on the formal lawns in front and behind the house, or in the walled rose gardens).
And who doesn't love gathering up big armfuls of crunchy leaves? Look out for leaf bins around the paddock, so you can help us create our own compost.
Hints and tips for a family visit
- To avoid disappointment please book in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. However, where space is available on weekdays, pre-booking may not always be necessary. If you do not book we cannot guarantee admission.
- We're sorry, but our climbing and water play areas remain closed. We haven't been able to carry out essential maintenance to these facilities this year, and we don't feel we can open them safely. We will work on these when we can, but this may take some time.
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs welcome around the grounds. There are gently-sloping areas and wide pathways around much of the grounds which are suitable for pushchairs and little legs; pathways are muddy and uneven in some places so sturdy tyres are recommended.
- Coach House Café serving limited range of takeaway food and drink, including family-friendly snacks and treats. Please note that we're only accepting card payments at the moment. There's a one-way system to the till point and a mask is required here, unless exempt.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds.
- Breast feeding welcome anywhere around the property.
- Pocket money gifts, toys and children's books available in the shop.
- Ball games and frisbees welcome, though please not on the formal lawns in front and behind the house, or in the walled rose gardens.
- Bikes, scooters and trikes are not allowed anywhere on site, due to vehicles operating onsite at all times, unfenced waterways, gravelled paths and visitor feedback. We only allow toddler push-along bikes, operated at all times by a parent/guardian.
- Areas of open water around the garden and grounds - close supervision strongly advised at all times.