Spot the scarecrows trail at Mottisfont
Different scarecrows are hiding all around the grounds this October, as part of our harvest celebrations. Follow the trail to find them all, and make your own miniature one to take home.
Throughout October, 10am - 5pm. Normal property admission applies, plus £1 per trail. Pick up an activity sheet at Visitor Reception to follow the trail around the grounds.
Each scarecrow you'll find is a figure from Mottisfont's past: from a stonemason at the priory to a wartime nurse. As you meet them, you'll learn more about our history, and help out with some fun activities.
Our trail suits both younger and older children, so it's fun for all the family - even grown-ups can join in! Remember to bring along your wellies and waterproofs in case of wet weather, as the trail takes place outside.
Family fun at Mottisfont
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do.
As well as challenging yourself with our half-term activity trail, you can explore our Wild Play areas when you visit, including Boggy Climbing and Pump, Pool and Paddle.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all cafés, though not in the showrooms of the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.