Summer holiday activities at Mottisfont
This article referred to an event which happened in summer 2017, and has now finished.
The Gruffalo and Friends: the Art of Axel Scheffler exhibition
Family trail: the Gruffalo and Friends
Saturday 15 July - Sunday 3 September, 10am - 5pm. Suggested donation £1 per trail.
A family activity trail, based around our grounds, will run alongside the exhibition. Spot signs of the Gruffalo and find his den in the cellarium and challenge yourself in the Stick Man climbing area. There’s even a giant broom with room for photo opportunities...
Pick up a map at visitor reception to start your trail. There are physical, creative and puzzle activities to try along the way, with a craft activity to take home. Our trail suits both younger and older children, so it's fun for all the family - even grown-ups can join in!
Remember to bring along your wellies and waterproofs in case of wet weather.
Visiting with your family
As well as these additional activities, there's plenty of space to play at Mottisfont. As well as our Gruffalo and Friends exhibition and trail, there are wild play areas and lawns suitable for ball games and frisbees.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Ice cream parlour open on sunny days, with a wide range of scoop ice cream.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.