Christmas for families at Mottisfont
We're having a colourful Christmas at Mottisfont, inspired by a vibrant exhibition in the gallery. Explore our decorated grounds with an interactive family trail, and discover a house full of festive sparkle.
All the Colours of Christmas runs from Saturday 25 November – 2 January, 10am - 4pm (excluding 24 and 25 December). Suggested donation £1 per trail.
Pick up a trail sheet at visitor reception and follow the map to discover hidden colours around the grounds, from bright pheasant feathers and red-breasted robins to evergreen leaves. There are lots of activities to do along the way - including a round of 'brussel sprout bowling' - and a craft activity to finish.
Find festive decorations all around our house and grounds, including lots of colourful Christmas trees. Our biggest tree reaches all the way to the ceiling of the Whistler Room.
Visiting with your family
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do. Bring along your wellies to try out our climbing bog while you visit, and remember to wrap up warm for your run around the grounds!
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.