Christmas for families at Mottisfont
Scenes from the much-loved poem The Night Before Christmas will be brought to life at Mottisfont, from decorations in the house to a festive family trail around the grounds.
The Night Before Christmas runs from Saturday 26 November – Sunday 6 January, 10am-4pm (excluding 24 and 25 December). Normal property admission price, plus £1 per trail.
Families can follow in Father Christmas’s footsteps around the grounds with an active trail, great for warming up on cold days. Take part in Santa’s sack race, throw some presents down a chimney, and visit Father Christmas’s workshop in the Cellarium.
There’ll be simple activities for younger children, too, so there’s fun for all the family.
You'll also find festive decorations all around the house, where you'll be able to spot mice hidden in secret corners. How many will you find?
Visiting Mottisfont with your family
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do. Bring along your wellies to try out our climbing bog while you visit, and remember to wrap up warm for your run around the grounds!
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all cafés, though not in the showrooms of the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.