Mount Stewart Closure Information
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority so our house, visitor centre, tea room, shop, gardens & lake walk will be closed, beginning Friday 20 March until further notice. For a trial period some of our trails will remain open for you to enjoy from 10am-4pm, while observing social distancing measures.
Mount Stewart house, gardens, lake walk, visitor centre, shop, tea room, Ploughman’s Hill walk, Demesne walks and Red Squirrel Hide - Closed
These areas are currently closed until further notice. We will update our website and social media on our reopening date as soon as we know it.
Mount Stewart Trails – Open 10am to 4pm daily
We are be opening some of our trails and dog exercise area on a trial basis while observing social distancing and will review this daily. Our Natural Play Area has been closed due to the higher risk of close contact between visitors until further notice.
Gates will open at 10am and close at 4pm – please do not arrive before this time as you will be unable to gain access to the site.
Events and Group Bookings
All events until the end of June have been cancelled, which may extend further, dependent on government guidance. We are in the process of contacting all ticket holders. We are also in the process of contacting all group bookings for this period and hope to offer a different date further in the year to reschedule your visit.
Car parking will be available in our main car park and all-weather spaces in Car Park 2. There will be no additional parking during this time and, if we do become busy, we may have to make the decision to restrict further access.
Toilet facilities in the carpark and Temple of the Winds will also be open. There will be no access to the courtyard toilets.
We will update this webpage, our opening times and social media to reflect any changes. Please check before you travel.
Please follow these guidelines when visiting Mount Stewart’s trails:
- Maintain the 2-metre social distancing advised from other visitors and staff.
- Follow all signage on the trails and do not enter any trails that have been closed off.
- All dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times unless using the dog exercise area. This is for the protection of our wildlife, livestock, visitors, you and your dog.
- Do not leave your dog unattended.
- We will no longer be stocking dog fouling bags also please ensure that you bring these with you.
- Leave no trace - please take all litter/dog fouling home with you – we will be working with fewer staff, so please do your bit and help us to keep Mount Stewart clean.
- No cycling.
- No BBQ’s or picnics please.
For information about outdoor spaces to visit around Strangford Lough please click HERE.