World Book Day at Mount Stewart 7th & 8th March
Celebrate World Book Day by visiting us during the weekend to take part in our Puffling Trail around the lake and exchange your voucher for a free book. Why not come dressed up as your favourite book character?
World Book Day (Thurs 5 March 2020) is a time to celebrate all your favourite book characters. On Saturday 7 & Sun 8 March 2020, we will be running events for bookworms of all shapes and sizes. You’ll be able to exchange your £1 book token for an exciting new read, set off on our Puffling Children’s Trail, or test your animal knowledge with our Evie and the Jungle Animal Facts Quiz.
You could even browse around the second-hand bookshop to see what you can find, or bring along any old books to donate to our second-hand bookshop so others can enjoy them too.
Which book will you choose?
We couldn't celebrate World Book Day without something new to read, and for World Book Day our shop will be stocking eight of this year’s special titles. Simply hand over the £1 token given to all children at school or nursery and pick one of the World Book Day Books.
Will it be Evie in the Jungle for animal lovers? Will you choose to chuckle over crime-fighting capers with Dog Man? Or will you set off on an epic adventure to Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen?
Come as your favourite book character!
Why not come along dressed as your favourite book character? Who will you be? We look forward to welcoming you whoever you are.
Bring along your World Book Day voucher and redeem it for one of the fantastic World Book Day Books or claim £1 off the price of any of our books in the shop with a value of £2.99 or more.
- Come dressed up as your favourite book character.
- Puffling Children’s Trail – can you find the six creatures hidden around the courtyard and house? 11am – 3pm
- Visit our Tea Room and pick up some World Book Day themed treats or our Kiosk for light snacks and hot and cold drinks.
- Children’s book-themed crafts – 11am-3pm in our Function Room
- Storytelling 11am – 3pm in the Servants Hall
- Can you find the Lost Pufflings around the lake?
- Visit our Trails and Natural Play Area
- Pop into our Red Squirrel Hide and see if you can spot any of our bushy-tailed friends