The house and collections at Nostell Priory
50 years, three generations, three architects and some of the greatest craftsmen of the Georgian age contributed to the creation of Nostell Priory; yet work was never quite finished.
Nostell Priory: a grand design
- Nostell’s inspiring Robert Adam interiors.
- The world-class collection of Chippendale furniture.
- Paintings by Pieter Breughel the Younger, William Hogarth and Angelica Kauffman.
- Intricate and beautiful 18th-century decorative plasterwork.
- Wonderful sculptural works by Joseph Nollekens and Richard Wyatt.
- The magnificent 18th-century dolls' house.
- Stunning 18th-century pleasure grounds and gardens.
A historic house
Nostell's mansion is brimming with masterpieces by leading artists and examples of exquisite craftmanship. Highlights include the John Harrison clock, Rowland Lockey's painting Sir Thomas More and his Family (the original version by Hans Holbein) and Chippendale's decorative chinoiserie furniture.