Visit with your group
Groups of visitors have been coming to our special place since the 18th-century. With self-led visits and prearranged talks by our knowledgeable volunteers come and find out what makes this place so special.
Nostell is one of the great treasure houses of the north of England. See the architectural masterpiece envisioned by the Winn family and learn about the famous designers, artists and craftsmen who created it.
You'll find a rich variety of landscapes and wildlife in the gardens at Nostell, from lakes to pleasure grounds, a thriving kitchen garden, and a rose garden. There are also 300 acres of parkland just waiting to be explored, from Obelisk Park to Lower Lake, the Vista to Joiners' Woods.
Planning to bring a group along? Open all year, a visit can last from a few hours to a full day and we welcome groups of all sizes. You'll find all you need below to plan your visit.
- Complimentary admission voucher for your familiarisation visit
- Free entry to tour leader and driver on the day of your group visit
- Coach meet and greet available on request
- Map and current information on arrival
- Refreshment voucher for driver
- There are mobility scooters on offer on a first come first serve basis, booking is essential
- Contact us to make a booking and find out more on 01924 863892 or by email
Plan your group visit
To find out more and plan your trip, download the groups brochure here.
Fuel up in the cafe
Stop by the Courtyard Cafe to taste seasonal dishes made with fresh produce grown in Nostell's kitchen garden.
For groups of less than fifteen the café offers a selection of meals, including jacket potatoes, soups, one-pots and salads, daily 12-3pm. There is also a variety of cakes, bakes and sandwiches on offer. Book to dine as a group and we’ll reserve tables just for you.
For groups over fifteen we are able to offer a group catering selection. Download the group catering form to plan your lunch.
Access to the estate
Download Nostell site map (PDF / 0.2MB) download here.
- The house and stable block are 630 metres away from the coach drop off point but there is a buggy service between the two
- The grounds are reasonably flat and mostly accessible by wheelchair and mobility scooter. A map of mobility scooter routes is available on request.
- There are lockers for bags and an area for pushchair parking on the ground floor in the house.
- There are adapted toilets at the stable block and in the house.
Check before you visit...
The parkland and gardens are open every day except 25 December, and the house is open on selected days - please make sure you check the opening times before your visit.
Admission prices are reviewed annually and may have changed slightly by the time of your visit, find the current prices online or call 01924 863892.
If you’re ready to book:
Download the group booking form and send to Nostell.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer led outdoor learning visits for early year foundations stages to KS2. For session details and prices please see our outdoor learning offer (PDF / 2.3MB) download . For more information and to book a session please get in touch with Helen on email@example.com.