Visit with your group
Groups of visitors have been coming to our special place since the 18th-century. With self-led visits and prearranged talks by our knowledgeable volunteers come and find out what makes this place so special.
Open all year, a visit can last from a few hours to a full day. We welcome groups of all sizes.
Nostell is one of the great treasure houses of the north of England. See the architectural masterpiece envisioned by the Winn family and learn about the famous designers, artists and craftsmen who created it.
You'll find a rich variety of landscapes and wildlife in the gardens at Nostell, from lakes to pleasure grounds, a thriving kitchen garden, and a rose garden. Something to enjoy every season.
There are 300 acres of parkland just waiting to be explored, from Obelisk Park to Lower Lake, the Vista to Joiners' Woods.
- Complimentary admission voucher for your familiarisation visit
- Free entry to tour leader and driver on the day of your group visit
- Coach meet and greet available on request
- Map and current information on arrival
- Refreshment voucher for driver
- There are mobility scooters on offer on a first come first serve basis, booking is essential
- Contact us to make a booking and find out more on 01924 863892 or by email
Group visit information
The parkland and gardens are open every day except 25 December. If you’re planning on visiting the house please check the opening times. Admission prices are reviewed annually and may have changed slightly by the time of your visit, find the current prices online or call 01924 863892.
Plan your day
Download Nostell site map (PDF / 0.2MB) download here.
Don’t miss our shop and café serving delicious hot meals and light bites. Book to dine as a group and we’ll reserve tables just for you. For groups of less than thirty the café offers a selection of meals, including jacket potatoes, soups, one-pots and salads, daily 12-3pm. There is also a variety of cakes, bakes and sandwiches on offer.
For groups over thirty we are able to offer a group catering selection. Have a look at the Nostell group catering form 2019 (PDF / 0MB) download . .
Access to the estate
- The house and stable block are 630 metres away from the coach drop off point but there is a buggy service between the two
- The grounds are reasonably flat and mostly accessible by wheelchair and mobility scooter. A map of mobility scooter routes is available on request.
- There are lockers for bags and an area for pushchair parking on the ground floor in the house.
- There are adapted toilets at the stable block and in the house.
If you’re ready to book:
Download the Nostell group booking form (PDF / 0.2MB) download
We offer led outdoor learning visits for early year foundations stages to KS2. For session details and prices please see our outdoor learning offer (PDF / 2.3MB) download . For more information and to book a session please get in touch with Helen on email@example.com.