Visiting Osterley with your dog
Osterley Park is a great place to visit with your dog, with plenty of parkland to explore.
Where can my dog go?
Dogs are welcome around the park at Osterley. We have an off-lead area on the front lawn, but we ask that your dog is under close control. Our definition of close or effective control is: ·
- Being able to recall your dogs in any situation at the first call.
- Being able to clearly see your dog at all times (not just knowing they have gone into the undergrowth). In practice this means keeping them on a footpath if the surrounding vegetation is too dense for your dog to be visible.
- Not allowing them to approach other visitors without their consent.
- Having a lead with you to use if you encounter livestock, wildlife or you are asked to use one.
We ask that dogs remain on leads on the main paths by the House and Stables Courtyard, and please be aware that some people are uncomfortable around even the friendliest dog. Dogs are welcome on a lead in the café and shop. During the summer season dogs are not allowed in the gardens. From 1 November 2021 - 27 February 2022, dogs are welcome in the gardens in limited numbers on a short lead.
We welcome assistance dogs on leads in all areas.
Dog-friendly café & shop
The Stables Café at Osterley House is dog-friendly. Dogs are welcome in the outdoor courtyard, but please make sure dogs are kept on leads at all times. Dogs are also allowed into the shop on a short lead.
This year you’ll be able to enjoy the formal gardens with your four-legged friends from 1 November 2021. Come down to the garden kiosk and explore the wintery landscape. There’s always something beautiful in our gardens, and this time of year is the best time to visit our winter garden, with its rare plants. Or work off some energy with a stroll around the mile-long Long Walk, with beautiful views of the rear of the house. Dogs must be kept on a short lead in the gardens at all time. We do limit the number of dogs in the garden at any one time, so you may have to wait at busy times
What do I need to be aware of at Osterley?
To make sure everyone has an enjoyable day please follow our Canine Code:
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your pup disturbing wildlife by keeping them on a lead unless you are in the dog off lead zone.
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourite places beautiful.
- Paws for thought: look out for information signs.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by.
- No more than 4 dogs per person
Facilities available for my dog
There are water bowls outside the Stables Cafe. There are six dog bins on site, locations can be found on the map.