Family activities at Osterley
Have an adventure at Osterley over the Summer holidays. With plenty of ways to get active and play the whole family can get involved and go home happy and tired.
Get set, go!
Get the whole family active at Osterley this summer. Collect a Get set, Go! card from the Kiosk and see what adventures you can have. We have activites set up in the Gardens to get you started and they'll change every two weeks so make sure you come back to see what's new.
The Gardens are open every day from 10am-5pm, and you're welcome to bring a picnic, or pop out to the cafe for something to keep your energy up. You don't need to book to visit the Gardens, so visit as many times as you like.
Cycling and Table Tennis
Our Cycle Hire hub will be open Wednesday - Sunday, 10am-4pm, with bikes available to hire for all ages. Explore the Estate on two wheels and see what wildlife you can find. If you want to try table tennis you can pop to the Cychle Hire Hub to borrow bats and balls, or bring your own.
Discover the joy of off-road cycling
Osterley Mountain Bikers is a new club for young people with weekly sessions where you can:
- Learn advanced techniques and improve your bike-handling skills with a friendly instructor
- Boost your fitness or improve your mental wellbeing
- Discover more about mountain biking and off-road cycling
- Just have fun on a bike
The club is aimed at teenagers and open to all cyclists aged 10 and over. Bikes and helmets are provided, although you can bring your own if you wish.
Sessions will be held on Thursday afternoons, from 4pm to 5.15pm (NB car park and main gates close at 5.30pm).
This activity is offered free of charge, but numbers for each session are strictly limited. To book a place email email@example.com including your name and phone number. Participants under 16 will need to complete a consent form signed by a parent or guardian.
50 things to do before you’re 11 & ¾
From building a den to watching birds, your next adventure awaits. Experience ‘50 things to do before you’re 11¾’ with the whole family at Osterley this summer. Visit the Garden Kiosk to pick up an activity list and choose your adventure. There’s loads to do, so visit regularly to tick off everything on the list.
Eat, Drink & Shop
The Stables Café is open daily with a selection of hot and cold drinks, lunches, light bites, sandwiches and cakes, including a children’s menu. Ice creams are available from the cafe and the Stables Trailer (open on selected days). The Shop is open Wednesday - Sunday 11am-5pm, with a selection of children’s toys, books, garden decoration, food & drink and gifts. The Second Hand Bookshop is open Wednesday - Sunday from 11am-4pm.
- The garden, car park, parkland and toilets are open from 10am-5pm.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the public toilets.
- Pushchairs and picnics are permitted in the gardens, but dogs are not.
- Our café is open with outdoor seating available. We are serving a range of takeaway hot and cold drinks, hot lunches, sandwiches, salads, cakes and ice cream.
- Our shop is open Wednesdays - Sundays 11am-4pm.
- Cycle hire is open Wednesday - Sunday from 28 July 2021,10am-4pm (last hire 3pm). Click here to find our more about cycle hire.
- In line with government guidelines you'll be required to wear a face covering in our shops, cafes and food outlets in England. Please bring one with you.