Visiting Overbeck's Garden: what you need to know
From Sunday 28 March, Overbeck's Garden will be open for pre-booked visits.
If you are arriving at Overbeck's by car, please find a parking space either on the driveway or in the small car park on the right near the top of the hill. Once you have arrived by car or on foot please continue up the drive to a small reception area. Please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you're more than 10 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee your entry. Your admission will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
Parking is free if you're a member. There is a £6 parking fee for non-members (Paybyphone). Alternatively you can park at the National Trust East Soar car park (TQ7 3DR) and take a pleasant 1.2 mile (1.9km) walk to Overbeck's. Pay parking (not National Trust) is also available at North Sands about one mile away.
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority. To ensure that social distance is maintained we have set up a one-way route round the garden. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
There is no limit to the amount of time you can spend at Overbeck's during your visit.
The garden, car park and toilets are open.
Bringing a dog?
Dogs are not allowed in the garden except for assistance dogs, but there are walks in the surrounding countryside.
- Overbeck's is not easily accesible to those using wheelchairs as there are loose gravel paths, steps and steep paths.
- There is no accessible parking but drop off and pick up is available.
- Unfortunately the toilets are unsuitable for wheelchair access.
- We are not able to provide any disability scooters or wheelchairs at this time.
Book your tickets
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.