Things to see and do at Overbeck's
Built in 1913, this Edwardian style house replaced an earlier property owned by the Hopkins family. George Vereker bought the house in 1911, demolished it and from 1915 until 1919 allowed the house to be used as a convalescent home for injured soldiers. The house was bought by Otto Overbeck in 1928 and left to the National Trust in 1937 following his death.
- Pick up a self-guided garden trail
- Join one of our tours around the garden and museum
- Choose from a selection of children's trails and quizzes
- Find the secret door and hunt for Fred the friendly ghost
- Play the American organ or listen to the Polyphon in the museum