Our work at Packwood House
Being famous for our beautiful tapestries we need to make sure we keep them in the best condition. And thanks to generous donations we're able to continue to care for them.
A tale of tapestries
Come and see what we do to keep Packwood looking so fabulous, as well as preserving it for the future. We have regular Conservation in Action displays of our day to day work. If you see us working please come talk to our conservation staff and volunteers and we can demonstrate how you can take care of your own treasures.
A big thank you
To care for our tapestries we...
- keep them safe from light, heat, and visitors' fingers
- clean them carefully with a goat's hair brush, every two or three years
- know how to move them and display them properly
- have them surveyed and get regular condition reports
- send them to a textile conservator
- send them to a state of the art, modern studio, where they are looked after by a team of experts