Get outdoors in Devon
We have activities galore for all ages and all weathers. If you've never tried orienteering before Saltram has the perfect trails for you and your family to try. We have five trails to suit different levels of ability including a picture trail for young children and families. Pick up your orienteering packs and family trails from the Welcome Centre.
Cycling at Saltram
- Get out and about on your bike at Saltram. We have two different cycle loops to explore around the park, and we're also part of route 27. So why not cycle on down to Saltram?
- Let your kids practise their pedalling along our flat and easy paths in the safe and enclosed environment of Saltram's garden all year round. Under-fives on Wednesdays, 10-11am. Under 11s on Sundays, 10-11am.
- Come and join us on a Sky Ride Local ride at Saltram. Your experienced leader will guide you on a leisurely and scenic cycle around our beautiful estate, ideal for the whole family to enjoy. Visit the Sky Ride website to find out more about upcoming rides and to book your place.
- Feel confident about getting on your bike and enjoy a fun and social women-only bike ride at Saltram. Thursdays 6.15pm. Meet at Saltram car park. To book a place visit the Breeze website.
Cycling top tips
- Wear a helmet
- Make sure your bike is in full working order
- Don't go alone and take a mobile phone with you
- Stop for rests if you need to
- Have fun and remember to use your bell so other park users can hear you coming