Head of the Lake Cruise on Gondola
Sail down Coniston Water on a majestic Steam powered yacht with the whole family. A popular choice among our visitors, the Head of Lake Cruise lasts 45minutes.
On the way, our crew will provide a short commentary on some of Coniston’s famous connections and the history of the lake. You’ll have the chance to stop off at Brantwood and Monk Coniston, disembark the boat and explore these iconic places, before re-joining at a later time.
Things to do at Brantwood
• Brantwood is the former home of leading art critic, John Ruskin, and the house and mountainside gardens (not NT) are now open to visitors. Show your Gondola ticket to gain 50p off the house entry fee.
• Enjoy a bite to eat in the Terrace Coffee House and Restaurant.
• There’s nearby lakeshore beaches that are perfect for a picnic and a spot of sunbathing.
• You’ll have access to lovely woodland walks right from the Brantwood jetty.
Things to do at Monk Coniston
• Take our walking trail through the Monk Coniston estate to Tarn Hows and back.
• Visit the Victorian walled garden and have a picnic whilst enjoying the most beautiful Lakeland surroundings (approx 0.5 miles up a gentle-ish hill).