Whether you’re visiting for a whole day, half a day or two hours we have some great planned itineraries so that you make the most of your visit.
See the majestic mounds, take a trip around Tranmer House or get inspired by our exhibition hall. You'll find something for everyone to enjoy.
Guided Mound tours
Drink in the haunting beauty of this Anglo Saxon site with a tour that takes you onto the famous Mound One burial. You will be in the safe and expert hands of one of our volunteer guides who will bring to life the warrior leader laid to rest and the extraordinary excavations underway when Britain was on the brink of a war.
Please allow an hour and a quarter for the tour, and dress for the outdoors.
A great place to discover the unique history of Sutton Hoo and learn more about the early English people.
Prefer to do things at your own pace? Explore the mounds or house in peace between tours.
Relax in style in Mrs Pretty's beautiful 1930s house. What was life like in the era of the archaeological discovery?
Second hand bookshop
Look around the old stables browsing our range of second hand books and find your next read.
We have 250 acres of countryside to explore, with views over the River Deben.
Enjoy a cup of tea
A visit to a National Trust property wouldn't be the same without a cup of tea. Enjoy a slice of delicious cake or a bowl of chef Ziggy's homemade soup.
Make a booking
If you're interested in joining us as a group, please get in touch to let us know. That way we can make arrangements for your visit. You can contact us via:
Telephone: 01394 389714
- You can enjoy a reduced rate for groups of 15 people or more
- We meet and greet coaches on arrival
- National Trust Members get in free
- There's free coach parking at the visitor centre
- Please be aware that the ground is uneven along the route to the mounds.
- We have three outdoor mobility scooters and several indoor wheelchairs that you can book in advance.
- All buildings are all on one level.