Coming soon: Shifting landscapes photography trail and competition
Photographers of all abilities can get ready to take their best landscape shots in our competition. But just before you retreat behind the lens, seize this unique opportunity to examine the changing of the seasons with the naked eye. On this photographic trail, you can take some time out to be fully present in the great outdoors that surrounds you.
Running 1 June to 9 September, follow this trail around the grounds and stand at the exact spot where seasonal photographs have been taken and displayed. Compare the photos with the summer view you see behind them.
Look at the colours, the light, the plants and the atmosphere. How is it different and how is it the same? How does the image make you feel? Do different seasons evoke different emotions or memories?
Each person will take away subtly different experiences from the trail. Even visiting at a different time of the day will give a different level of light. Some will be drawn to the more obvious features of the landscape, others may notice smaller details that most visitors might miss.
You can capture the next chapter in The Vyne’s shifting landscapes in our photography competition.
To enter, simply download and fill in the form at the bottom of this page and email this and a copy of your seasonal photo of The Vyne's grounds to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 August, putting the phrase ‘LANDCOMP’ and then your name in the subject line.
A shortlist of ten photos will be selected by the team and announced on 20 August. You can then vote for the winner when you spend £10 or more in the shop or the Brewhouse tea-room up until 24 September. The winning photo will be announced and exhibited in the Brewhouse tea-room on 1 October.
It's a good idea to read the terms and conditions below before scrolling to the bottom of the page to download the form.
Terms and Conditions
• By entering you consent to being publicly named as the winner.
• You’ll need to fill out this form giving us the copyright to your photo and confirm that you’ve read these terms and conditions. Your photo will then become the property of the National Trust and you will not receive payment for the photo.
• Photos must not feature yourself, other people in your group or other visitors unless you can provide each individual’s written consent to appear in photos used for marketing purposes by the National Trust which can include but is not restricted to use on the website, on our social media channels, printed marketing materials, in press releases or in advertising. Where the subject is under 18 years of age you must provide written consent from their legal parent or guardian.
• By submitting your photo, you confirm you took the photo.
• Each contestant can submit one photo only.
• Contestants cannot be National Trust staff but can be volunteers.
• Photos will be subjected to review in accordance with the National Trust’s marketing guidelines.
• Submissions must be made by 13 August 2018.
• Photos must be at least 300dpi and no smaller than 2MB.
• Photo editing is allowed.
• Photos can be landscape or portrait.
Click the link below to download the form: