What to expect on the walkway
Here is some key information about the rooftop walkway so you know what to expect when you arrive.
- The scaffolding is 13 metres high. There is a white wrap around the structure. As you wander the walkway, you can see the works being carried out on the roof below.
- All visitors will need to wear a yellow hi-vis vest while on the walkway. These are provided before you go up.
- There two ways to enter the walkway, either by lift or by climbing 74 steps to the top.
- You are free to walk the round the walkway at your leisure. There are Roof Guides to help answer questions.
- The walkway is enclosed by wooden panels. At key interest points clear Perspex panels have been used to give a better view.
- At three points you can take in views of the estate.
- You can go back down again at any time you like.
- If you feel unwell while on the walkway, let one of our staff know and we can help you down.