Group visits to The Workhouse
Looking for an unusual visiting experience for your society, club or group? Interested in social history and attitudes to poverty? Then come and find out how the other half lived as you follow in the footsteps of the paupers at The Workhouse.
Self-guided Audio tours
Try our hand-held audio tour and listen to exploits of characters that lived and worked in the building.
- When: Every day from 12noon (Mid Feb - early November)
- Only one group booking per day
- Group size: max. 50
- Duration: 1.5 hrs
- Cost: £8.20 (members free)
What will I see?
- explore the segregated dormitories, dayrooms, Master's quarters and cellars
- discover the 19th-century vegetable garden and learn what produce was used in the paupers' diets
- wander in the yards where the paupers toiled from dawn to dusk
How to book
Booking your group visit is essential. To find out more or to make a booking please call 01636 817260 or send us an email.