Discover Tredegar House
Our mansion has seen its fair share of dark days and golden ages. From a 'faire place of stone' to the flamboyant, red brick restoration mansion you see today...inside and out, even the walls have stories to tell.
Seventeenth Century rooms
- Be dazzled by the glistening Gilt Room and retrace the dancing footsteps of the Morgan family in this glorious entertainment space.
- Visit the New Parlour and take turns playing games, create your own stories with shadow puppets or dress up as one of the Morgans.
- Marvel at the exquisite carvings of the oak panels in the Brown Room and keep an eye out for serpents, lions, griffins and weird and wonderful faces.
- Stand under the high ceilings of our Great Kitchen and imagine how much work would have gone into one of the Morgans’ many feasts.
The 1930s bedrooms
- Get a feel for Evan's eccentricity in the King's Room and keep an eye out for his boxing kangaroo Somerset and Blue Boy - the parrot taught only dirty words.
- Step in the other direction and visit the Best Chamber. Opened to our visitors again in early 2015, this room has the most impressive views of the whole estate. In here, we’ve begun telling the story of Tredegar House as it is today and all the work it takes to keep it standing.