Summer Holidays at Tredegar House
Tredegar House bursts into life over the summer months and this year we’ve pulled together a programme of wild adventures to nurture your love for nature.
Go on a scavenger hunt
Perfect for solo adventurers, or groups big and small, this summer’s scavenger hunt will test your seeking skills in the gardens at Tredegar House.
Pick up a clue sheet from the visitor reception team and head out into the Orchard Garden to start your hunt.
Enlist all your senses as you figure out the clues and discover the password to claim your sticker and gain entry into the house where the adventure continues.
Put your outdoor skills to the test and see how many of the 50 things to do before you’re 11¾ you can tick off along the way.
Tick off some '50 things' with our team
We’ll also be on hand throughout the summer to help you tick off some of the 50 things to do before you’re 11¾ over the holidays.
Get creative with the flora throughout the gardens, learn some essential bushcraft skills or simply have some fun with nature.
Key dates for your diary
- No.47 Cook on a campfire: 23 July, 6, 21, 29 August
- No. 18 Create some wild art: 25, 29 July, 8, 12, 22, 28 August
- No. 41 Help a plant grow: 30 July, 7, 13, 30 August
- No. 13 Make a mud creation: 22 July, 1, 5, 15, 19, 26 August
- No. 4 Build a den: 24, 31 July, 14, 20 August
- No. 32 Float a boat: 26 July, 2, 9, 16, 23, 27 August
What you need to know
- Dates: 20 July – 1 September, every day
- Times: 10.30am – 4pm
- Prices: Normal admission applies
- Booking: There is no booking in advance, please turn up on the day and pay at the visitor reception. Led '50 things' activities will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.