Walking in the East of England
From iconic coastal paths to picturesque countryside routes, there are plenty of places in the East of England where you can enjoy gentle strolls and invigorating hikes in nature. Find your next local walk here.
Walking trails near you
- Enjoy a walk through the relatively flat landscape of Cambridgeshire, where the big skies give the feeling of wide open space. Whether you're looking to escape the city of Cambridge or want to explore the countryside surrounding Ely, come and discover the beauty of the Cambridgeshire fens and the wildlife that call them home.Walks in Cambridgeshire
- Throughout Norfolk there are many trails and footpaths that will take you through stunning scenery, from the iconic coastline to the Norfolk Broads. As well as the coastal path, head off the beaten track at Sheringham Park, Felbrigg Hall, Blickling and Oxburgh Estate.Walks in Norfolk
- Take a walk in the landscape that inspired John Constable at Flatford, or discover the beauty of Suffolk's coast and heaths at Dunwich Heath and Sutton Hoo. There's river estuaries to explore at Pin Mill and Kyson Hill, the picturesque wool towns of Lavenham and Long Melford, or the rolling hills of the countryside at Ickworth Estate.Walks in Suffolk
- Walking in Essex, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
- Whether you enjoy woodlands or wide open spaces where you can enjoy the view, we'd recommend pulling on those walking boots and trying this series of walks that bring new interest with the changing seasons. From a royal hunting forest in Essex to the highest point in Bedfordshire.Walks in Essex, Beds and Herts
Explore some of the finest landscapes in our care on coastal paths, accessible trails, woodland walks and everything in between. Find the best places to walk near you.
Find out more about the National Trust’s ongoing partnership with Cotswold Outdoor as our exclusive walking partner.
Help to look after National Trust places by observing a few simple guidelines during your visit and following the Countryside Code.
The special places in National Trust care sometimes come with a few risks for visitors, be it coastline or countryside. Find out how to keep safe throughout your visits.