Visiting Wallington: what you need to know
We can’t wait to welcome you to Wallington this spring. Take a gentle stroll around the walled garden, burn off steam in the 4 play parks and refuel with a bite to eat in the cafe.
On your visit
There's so much to see and do at Wallington. Whether you have a couple of hours or all day to explore, there's something for everyone. This Spring, you can enjoy......
- The House is now open for the season. Open daily, 11.30am to 3.30pm until 30 October 2022. Upstairs will be closed this season while a conservation project takes place on the floor joists and plaster ceilings. If you'd like to know more, please feel free to speak to a member of the house team on your visit.
- The Clocktower cafe, open every day from 10am to 5pm, offering a selection of hot and cold drinks and food.
- The gift shops in the courtyard, both open every day from 11am to 5pm.
- The 4 fun-packed play areas; the play fort, adventure playground, play train and station platform and the Little Acorns nature play space are open.
- The Walled Garden is open 10am to 5pm daily.
- The River walk, Farm walk and Wannie Line walk offering wonderful opportunities for nature spotting.
- The wildlife hide in the west woods; a great place to enjoy some bird spotting. Keep your eyes peeled for the resident red squirrels too.
- The Dragon cycle trail, now with the green and blue routes fully open. Bring your own bikes and enjoy a two-wheeled adventure.
- Cycle hire is open every day from Friday 1 July to Monday 5 September, from 10am to 4.30pm (last hire 3.30pm).
Unfortunately, following Storm Arwen, please note:
- The Greenleighton Moor walk remains closed. Please do not use this walk, it is simply not safe at this time. We do not anticipate being able to reopen it any time soon, unfortunately the damage is significant.
Parking and arrival
You no longer need to book to visit Wallington. A member of our admissions team will greet you on arrival. Entry to the property and car park is free for National Trust members, please bring your membership cards with you. Non-members will need to buy an admission ticket on arrival, which includes parking.
Walled Garden: 10am to 5pm
Courtyard café: 10am to 5pm
Shops: 11am to 5pm
Car park: 10am to 5pm
Toilets: 10am to 5pm
Accessible parking: available in the main car park. The accessible parking next to the Walled Garden is now also open.
Toilets: Toilets are open in the Courtyard and in the Clocktower Café, each with one accessible toilet. Baby changing facilities are available in both. There is also a toilet at the walled garden.
Mobility scooter: We have a small number of scooters available to book. Please email email@example.com to book 48 hours in advance or call 01670 773606.
Our full accessibility statement is available here.
In England, wearing a face covering is a personal choice, although they are recommended in crowded and enclosed places.
We're continuing to provide hand sanitiser should you wish to use it and are sticking to our high standards of cleanliness.
If you’re showing any symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
Thanks for your support and for showing staff, volunteers and other visitors kindness and respect as we move forward into this next phase together.
Other things to note
New bus service
Every Saturday from 7 May to 3 September 2022, you can travel to Wallington by bus. The X75 from Newcastle Haymarket Stand R, will travel to Wallington via Ponteland, Belsay and Bolam Lake, 4 times a day. For National Trust members, you will receive a 20% discount on your bus fare. For non-National Trust members, you will receive a 20% discount on your admission fee. Check out the timetable here
Please take litter home with you.
Dogs are very welcome at Wallington but should be kept on a lead at all times, in all areas. By doing this you’re helping keep the Wallington wildlife safe. Dogs are allowed in the cafe. Assistance dogs only in the House.
There is no WiFi on site and phone signal is limited.
BBQs and open fires created by visitors are not permitted at Wallington.