Eating at Beningbrough Hall
Enjoy the delicious range of seasonal and locally sourced food served in the restaurant and the Brew House. With all profits going back into the upkeep and conservation of Beningbrough, you can enjoy that extra slice of cake.
What's on the menu?
The spring menu is out with plenty of homemade delights created to warm you up this season. You'll find a hearty soup along with a pie or casserole to revive you after a walk around the gardens. Finish off with a fruit crumble and custard and your preferred choice of a fresh ground coffee.
One of the favourites on the menu at this time of year, and it helps out with gluts in the harvest, is frosted beetroot cake. Try a slice of this or one of the other cakes baked fresh in the kitchen or if you fancy having a go yourself, here's the recipe...
The Brew House
An exciting development for Beningbrough, the Brew House is open next to the hall and laundry during school holidays and weekends and serves hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, snacks and ice creams or mulled wine and soup as the days get colder.
There's seating indoors and picnic benches out, plus some adjacent toilets, so after a romp around the wilderness play area you can enjoy a latte while your children warm up with a hot chocolate. Dogs are allowed in the Brew House if you need a bit of shelter on your walk and there are dog friendly treats on offer too.
Great food whatever the weather
- Unfortunately we are unable to take reservations for the restaurant but with ample seating and hot food served from 11.30am until 2pm there’s plenty of time to enjoy the food.
- All major credit and debit cards accepted
- Plenty of spaces in the gardens for picnics or walk a little further and find the picnic bench in the parkland down from the farm shop.
- The Brew House is open during the local school holidays and weekends.
- Free wifi can be accessed in both the restaurant and the Brew House.
- Dogs are welcome in the Brew House and the outside seating of the restaurant.