Parkrun along the cliff-tops
If you enjoy running, jogging or just a brisk walk with the dog why not join try others on a 5km route each Saturday morning at 9am?
Parkruns are enormously popular all over the UK. They are free to all.
The 5km route at Bolberry is mostly flat and enjoys huge views of sea and sky. Initially following the tarmac path the trail winds its way back along the wide coastpath.
- Participants don’t have to wear trail shoes, the route is fine in road shoes
- Participants need to register with Parkrun before they take part, this has to be done through the Parkrun website and there is further information there about the event
- The route is a mixture of a grass surface, gravel and tarmac and is nice and flat. The site is very exposed so make sure you wrap up well in winter, there are stunning coastal views to enjoy as you run
- The Oceans restaurant is opening early so you can enjoy some well deserved refreshments after your run
- There are public toilets in Malborough village by the post office which you drive past a few miles before reaching Bolberry Down
Park in the National Trust car park at Bolberry Down which is free to Trust members and £3 to non-members.