Visiting Bradley: what you need to know
Bradley is open for guided tours on selected days. We’ve introduced advanced booking to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing. Pre-booking is essential. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Guided tours at Bradley
Bradley is open to visitors for pre-booked, guided tours. Please go to What’s On to book your visit.
Small group tours will be led by volunteer tour guides through the medieval manor, highlighting the history and people behind this special place.
Outside, the meadows and woodland paths are open for visitors to explore. Please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit.
Bradley is open for guided tours on select days during 2021. Here are the dates Bradley will be open for tours and the dates tickets go on sale:
- 17-18 August. Tickets go on sale Friday 13 August.
- 21-22 September. Tickets go on sale Friday 10 September.
- 19-20 October. Tickets go on sale Friday 15 October.
There are a number of car parks nearby within a 10-15 minute walk.
- For directions for parking at Bakers Park, use postcode TQ12 1LP or visit https://bit.ly/NTBakersPark. Please note availability for Bakers Park is limited. Exit at the far end of the car park and follow the path through Bakers Park towards Bradley meadow. (Approx 5 min walk).
- For Venture Court pay and display car park, use postcode TQ12 1NB or visit https://bit.ly/NTVentureCourt. Follow the river path through the industrial estate towards Bakers Park (approx 15 min walk).
- There is limited accessible parking available onsite at Bradley. If you require a space, please contact 01803 661907.
When you arrive
- The meeting point for the tour is by the stone bridge in Bradley Meadow, adjacent to Bakers Park.
- Please have your ticket to hand when you arrive. If you are a member with a booking, we'll also ask for you to show your membership card.
- Please arrive 10 minutues before the time stated on your booking. This is to allow for a warm welcome to Bradley including health and safety information for your visit.
- If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your arrival slot then entry will be at the discretion of the property team.
- Tours are 1 hour in duration and run at 11am and 2pm.
- Bradley is a small manor and home to a historic family. To ensure social distancing tours will be limited to 5 visitors.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit
- There is no café and no toilet facilities.
- The town centre of Newton Abbot is nearby with shops and facilities.
- You can read our full, updated access statement here.
- Assistance dogs with designated halters are welcome inside the house on guided tours.
- The entrance and ground floor to Bradley have steps and narrow doorways.
- A ramp is available if needed.
- Please note there are stairs with handrail to other floors.
Go for a walk
Why not explore the countryside surrounding the manor? The woods around Bradley are one of the best examples of natural limestone woodland and are designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), and meadows and a river complete this haven. Dogs are very welcome in the countryside surrounding Bradley.
How to book
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors from the local community remains our priority and we urge you to book your visits in advance. Every Friday we release new bookings for visits the following week.
- Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose an arrival time on the hour of the day you want to visit.
- There will be an introductory tour every hour on the hour. The timeslot is for your arrival time for your tour.
- Bookings are for your use only and are not available for resale.
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.