6 Steps to Being Mindful at Brimham Rocks
Mindfulness is about being fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing. It is about not letting stress or anxiety dictate how we feel and carry on. Below are some simple steps on how to try out being Mindful at Brimham Rocks.
Mindfulness is scientifically proven to help people cope with stress, improve comprehension, aid with concentration and generally enhance mental health. The good news is that it is easy to give it a go and get started.
- You can practice Mindfulness anywhere. Take a seat on a rock that feels calm and quiet and devote a little time accessing your Mindfulness skills.
- Set a time limit. If you are just beginning it can help to pick a short time limit, such as 5 or 10 minutes.
- Pay attention to the present moment. Is the wind blowing? Can you hear birds singing? Is there a smell of wildflowers in the air? The goal isn't to quiet your mind, rather just to be in the moment.
- Feel your breath. Follow the sensation of your breath as it comes in and goes out.
- Your mind will wonder, but this is not a bad thing. It is all about noticing that the mind has wondered and bringing it back to the present moment - the gritty rock under you, sunshine warming your face, the buzzing bees.
- Be kind to your wandering mind. Don't judge yourself or obsess over the content of the thoughts you find yourself lost in. Just come back to the present moment.
That's it! Just give it a go and the more you practice the better you will get at returning to the present moment.
Tag us on Instagram
We love photos! If you snap some great shots of Brimham Rocks tag us or use #brimhamrocks. Follow us to see what's happening around the site.
Follow us on Twitter
Find out all the latest news, behind the scene photos and information about upcoming events by following Brimham Rocks on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook
Keep up with the latest news and events at Brimham Rocks.