Bringing your dog to Cliveden
There's 375 acres of woodlands, riverbank and formal gardens to be sniffed at around Cliveden.
Cliveden Dog Walkers 2018 trial
- From January 2018 there will be a trial period whereby dogs will be permitted to all areas of the Cliveden estate with the exception of the Dolls House play area, Parterre lawn, and buildings including Chapel, Orangery and House (for Tours note hotel guests are permitted to bring dogs in the House).
- To the north of the Main Drive and Spring Drive dogs will be permitted on short leads. South of these routes controlled dogs will be permitted off leads
- A new welcome leaflet for dog owners will be produced by January – please keep an eye out for that to be added to this webpage
- Four additional dog bins will be installed (Service Drive, Walled Garden car park, Overflow car park and bottom of Yew Tree steps
- The trial will last 6 months, until June 2018
- During the trial period we will consult with staff, volunteers and our visitors and seek feedback
Where can I walk?
Our dog walkers' guide shows the areas available to you and your dog at Cliveden. We ask you to observe the traffic light system in place, from green zones (dogs allowed off leads) to amber zones (dogs allowed on short leads) to the red zones (no dogs allowed, except assistance dogs). Read more by downloading our dog walking map below.
Eating and shopping with your dog
Pick up a coffee and water bowl to enjoy with your pooch from Cliveden's temporary refreshment kiosk. This is an outdoor facility, therefore the only dog-friendly catering outlet on site.
The Gift Shop
There's lots of lovely things in Cliveden's gift shop, and we invite everyone inside to have a look. Dogs are welcome to join their owners for a browse, as long as they are on a short lead and under control.
A few golden rules...
Whilst you are exploring the estate, please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Please keep your dog under control at all times. This means your dog responds to orders when you call them
- Do not take your dog into any catering outlets (though they are welcome outside)
- Cliveden is home to lots of wildlife, a temptation for even the best-behaved dog. Do not allow dogs to harm any creatures on National Trust property.
- Do not bring more than four dogs per visitor
- We provide special bins for your doggies waste. Please clean-up after them and dispose of the waste in the dog bins provided
- If you lose your dog on the estate, please let a member of the Cliveden team know and we will do what we can to help reunite you
- We ask that professional dog walkers do not conduct their business on or from our grounds
- Most of our events do not allow dogs. Please call ahead to check specific details
- Assistance dogs are welcome across the estate