Family fun at Coleton Fishacre
Head out on an adventure at Coleton Fishacre. The garden is the perfect base to explore and tick off some of your '50 things to do before you're 11 ¾' and soak up the sights, smells and sounds of nature.
Family friendly checklist
If you're looking for a family day out, here's some handy info to help you plan your day…
- There's no need to book your visit in advance
- Free entry for under 5s and free entry for National Trust members
- Free garden trail available to pick up in Visitor Reception
- Baby-changing facilities in access-friendly toilets
- Buggy friendly routes around the garden
- Children’s menu available from Coleton Café
- Picnics are very welcome
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop
Summer days ahead
The garden is an ideal base to explore the arrival of a new season, with woodland walks, trickling streams, viewpoints over the garden and sea views. Using your senses, what can you hear as you follow the paths? Look out for the bright colours in natures pallet - what can you spot?
Can you tick these off your '50 things' list at Coleton Fishacre?
18. Wild art
When it comes to creating wild art, the only limit is your imagination. What will you use, and how? There's so much to choose from in the natural world - but make sure you're not making your art from another creature's home.
31. Get to know a bug
Does your critter have fur, wings or many legs? Remember to put any creepy-crawlies back where you found them afterwards because they can be delicate and appreciate the home they’re already in.