Dunstable Downs - View Café
Located at the Chiltern Gateway Centre on Dunstable Downs, the View Café, as its name implies, has a spectacular view over the Vale of Aylesbury so that you can enjoy a meal or a snack whilst watching the birds, including Red Kites, circle overhead.
We are open every day from 10am to 5pm. The only exceptions to this are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the only two days of the year that we do not open. We have indoor and outdoor seating. You can find our full property opening times here
Seasonal dishes at the View Café
The View Café serves a great menu with a selection of hot and cold dishes to suit the whole family. These include our popular sausage rolls, pasties, cakes, and delicious ice cream - there is something to suit everyone.
The menu varies from day to day and season to season and we do try to include a vegetarian dish each day. We source as many of our ingredients as possible locally.
We offer freshly prepared dishes from the National Trust seasonal range. These include soups and one-pots, light bites, main meals, cakes and bakes.
All these dishes plus salads, jacket potatoes, paninis and deli rolls are freshly made each day by our wonderful team here at Dunstable Downs.
A recipe to share
We are planning to share a popular recipe with you at regular intervals and the first of these is our Broccoli & Feta Cheese Filo Bake – a favourite with our regular customers!
350g Broccoli, cooked and crumbled
150g Onion, finely diced
200g Feta cheese Milk*
100g Cottage cheese Milk*
400g Filo pastry Gluten (Wheat)*
140g Butter, melted Milk*
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumble the broccoli florets and chop the stalks into chunks.
- Put the broccoli in a large bowl along with the onion, cottage cheese, Feta cheese, dill, nutmeg, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly until well combined and the eggs are evenly distributed.
- Lay two sheets of pre-prepared filo pastry on a Bakewell tray and brush with the melted butter.
- Add another two sheets on top of the first two but at an angle, brush with butter.
- Place two more sheets over the previous sheets and brush with butter, continue until you have only two sheets left. Pile the broccoli mix on to the pastry sheets and spread out to form a rectangle.
- Lay the reserved two sheets over the top of the broccoli mix and fold the pastry up from the edges to cover the filling completely, brush with butter and place in the oven at 170ºC until crispy and golden all over.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before portioning and serving.