An ambitious project for Fell Foot's future
We love Fell Foot and we want it to become an even greater outdoor destination. We're looking to make some significant investment in the park over the next few years, to improve the facilities and make it even more special.
There's a lot to do at Fell Foot in the coming years, with many important jobs on the list:
- Provide better catering facilities, on slightly higher ground to avoid flood risk, whilst allowing better views of the lake and landscape
- Renovate the boathouses and use them to offer canoeing, boating, sailing and swimming facilities, plus some indoor space for families on wet days
- Restore the original arboretum, gardens and pathways
- Create extended provision of self-pitch camping
- Improve the vehicular access and car parking facilities, including better public transport provision, eg bus, ferry, cycle access
- Improve the access to and quality of the natural areas
- Provide opportunities for visitors to engage with the stories of Fell Foot
- Provide more opportunities for the local community to get involved through volunteering
Why do we need to improve?
Fell Foot facilities need to be improved particularly for when the weather is good and the visitors flood in (sometimes it's the water that's floods in too)
Along with improvements to basic facilities, there is an opportunity to re-instate the heritage and conservation of the site, giving it a new lease of life.
Please join us!
It’s all very exciting and we look forward to keeping you updated. We've set up a Fell Foot project blog to help keep everyone informed on progress and to collect some of your feedback.
We're also setting up some great events and activities just for local people:
- Family fun and play: Fell Foot is a great place for kids to play and explore – we’re looking for local families to come and test out new places to play and tell us what kind of wild adventures they'd like to have at Fell Foot.
- Park stories: we know the park has a long and rich history – do you have any stories, photos or memories you’d like to share will us? We’ll be running a special event to collect stories and memories about the park; let us know if you’d like to join in.
- Feeling sporty? Fell Foot is perfect for a run, a paddle or a walk – there will be new opportunities to join community sports events, try something new or maybe even help lead a local group of friends. We’ll let you know about the latest sporty events, or if there’s anything you’d like to see happening – just drop us a line.
Get in touch
If you'd like to get involved with any of the above, please call us on 015395 31273, or email us and we can let you know more about the opportunities coming up.