Try your hand at orienteering
Get active in the fresh air and discover the joy of orienteering right here at Fell Foot.
What is Orienteering?
Orienteering is a sport that combines map reading and running. Competitors have to find their way between a series of checkpoints, called controls, as quickly as possible. There’s no set route between the controls, so you have to decide which way to go and then find your way there without getting lost.
How do I take part?
This is a free activity, but parking charges still apply. All the money spent here at Fell Foot helps keep Fell Foot special forever, for everyone.
Simply follow the steps below:
Before you visit
1. Download the free MapRunF App onto your mobile device (preferably do this at home before you visit Fell Foot).
2. Download the Fell Foot map from the Lakeland Orienteering website. If you can't download the map or don't have a printer at home, there are printed maps on site that you can pick up from the Cafe.
When you arrive
1. Pick one of the two courses available on the MapRunF App.
2. Go to the designated start point shown on the map.
3. Follow your course to the end and don't forget to go to the 'finish' control to stop the clock!
Download the simple 'how to' guide here.