Act the Facts Workshop at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden
Act out the story of the abbey using a bespoke scripted drama suitable for KS2 and KS3
In this workshop students act out the 400 year history of the abbey on site. Using a bespoke script the students act out the story in the dramatic setting of the abbey, moving around the site as the story unfolds. The drama spans the centuries, from the twelfth to the sixteenth, and all the characters work together to answer a 'History Mystery' - Who destroyed Fountains Abbey and why?
- Scripts & character cards available in advance
- Lesson plans and worksheets for KS2/KS3 included
- Fantastic costumes and props provided
- Facilitated and supported by Fountains Abbey staff
- A great local study or a rehearsal for the GCSE site study
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 (differentiated scripts)
Approx 2 hours long, guided
Cast of approx 15-40 students & staff
£2.50 per student, accompanying adults free. Admission charges also apply, however if your school has Education Group Membership admission is free. Please get in touch for more details.