Thomas Stories Workshop at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden
An interactive story telling workshop for Early Years and KS1
Meet little monk Thomas and follow his story as he gets to grips with monastery life. This interactive workshop will engage your class with lots of participation and dialogue, stimulating their imagination and encouraging them to tell their own Thomas stories.
You'll explore the abbey with a different story for each area.
- Look up at the atmospheric abbey ruins towering above
- Sniff the herbs in the beautiful herb garden
- Listen to Thomas' experiences of life as a monk
- Talk about Thomas' actions and their consequences
- Find out what monks wore (and what they didn't!)
- Learn how monks cured illnesses
- See where Thomas would have bathed
- Hear Thomas' confession in the chapterhouse
- Have fun trying out monk sign-language
Suitable for Early Years and KS1
Maximum of 2 hours long, guided
£2.50 per student, accompanying adults free. Admission charges also apply, however if your school has Education Group Membership admission is free. Please get in touch for more details.