Walking your dog at Dorset coast and countryside places
We love dogs and welcome them at our outdoor places, and we love responsible dog owners even more. Here's how to be one of those owners when you visit our coast and countryside sites.
Our outdoor places are perfect spots for getting outside and enjoying some fresh air with your four legged friend. No traffic, beautiful views and miles of footpaths to explore together - what could be better?
Dogs are welcome at all our sites but it's vital that you respect the following code of conduct.
- Keep your dog in sight and and use a lead if requested
- Some sites request that dogs are kept on a short lead, due to ground nesting birds
- If your dog is off the lead, it must be kept under close control
- Look out for and follow the instructions on any local notices
- Do use the dedicated dog bins
- Observe local restrictions on West Dorset beaches
Please help to keep the countryside a safe, healthy and enjoyable place for you and your dog, other visitors, wildlife and livestock.