Dog walking at Hatchlands Park
It’s always wonderful to share a walk and few companions are as grateful for a wander in the great outdoors as our four-legged friends. Encounter wagging tails on woodland trails and padding paws in our wide open parkland.
At over 400 acres, the majority of which is dog friendly, Hatchlands is an ideal venue to walk your four-legged friends. There are two walks here for you to choose from, dogs are welcome outdoors in the courtyard and there's indoor seating for both for pups and for their humans in the Coach House Café. Find trail guides and more information below.
More tips for happy hounds
We'd love for you to explore the parkland with your dog, but would ask that you don’t bring them into the house, our formal garden or the children's natural adventure area. Whilst dogs aren't allowed inside our café, we do provide outdoor seating in our courtyard and extra indoor seating in the Coach House where you and your pup can picnic together. We’ve also dotted a few water bowls around for refreshment on a hot day.
- Please keep to designated dog areas indicated by the way-markers
- Access to our parkland for dog walking is restricted to our property opening times, 10am-5pm from April to October and 10am-4pm from November to March. You can find full opening times here.
- Please only allow well-controlled dogs off their leads
- Please do not allow your dog to worry our donkeys or livestock
- It's essential that all dogs are kept on leads in fields containing livestock
- Should cattle start to approach you, we recommend you let your dog off the lead
- Where there are calves, cattle may be very protective
- Please always pick up after your dog
- Poop-scoop bags are available to pick up at reception, just ask us for one
- There are two poop-scoop bins close to reception and a third just outside the cobbled courtyard
- Please don't discard poop-scoop bags in the park